The Assistant Controller will be the leader of the finance team responsible for the preparation of financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company policies. Furthermore, this position is responsible for leading, managing and holding the accounting team accountable for accurate, timely and efficient processes.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions**):
- Lead and manage three direct reports and their activities; provide leadership, empowerment, guidance, and opportunities for their personal career development.
- Ensure accuracy and efficiency in the monthly closing process.
- Manage the daily processing of transactions (AP, AR, Journals, banking, etc.)
- Lead our Accounting Services offering responsible for generating revenue through maintaining our customer’s financial records.
- Provide financial statements, analysis and other reports to management and customers.
- Ensure complete and thorough documentation of all departmental policies, procedures, and processes.
- Implement continuous improvement to the processes related to accounting, reconciliations, and analysis. Challenge current processes and practices to drive greater accuracy and efficiency.
- Manage and continuously enhance the Accounting System, NetSuite.
- Develop and maintain appropriate financial controls to minimize risk.
- Drive and manage annual budgeting and forecasting process for expenses.
- Work with the CPA firm to prepare quarterly estimates and annual tax returns.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA or CMA (a plus, not required)
- 6+ years of related experience in accounting including 2+ years in a leadership role
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Experience in NetSuite a plus
- Ability to succeed in fast-paced, high-growth, dynamic workplace
- Strong problem solving with ability to develop/implement solutions
- Strong aptitude for analysis
- Strong technology knowledge and application
- Experience in EOS a plus
Please send resume and salary requirements to Amber Jansen at firstname.lastname@example.org.